Essentials of Couponing - Coupons
Different types of Coupons:
1) Inserts – These are the ones that come in the paper on Sundays
a. Each week could be different on which ones come
b. Usually there will be none on a Sunday after a Holiday
c. Procter and Gamble (P&G) comes the first Sunday of the month
2) Internet Printables (IP’s) – These are the ones that you print off your computer
a. There are many sites including:
i. My Points
ii. Red Plum
iii. Smart Source
v. Manufacturer Websites
b. They usually allow two prints of each coupon
c. Normally you have to download a coupon printer software but I have yet to have issues with them
3) Tearpads – These are exactly what they sound like. They are pads of coupons you will see around a store where you can tear off coupons to use
4) Wine Tags – These coupons are found hanging around the wine bottle neck. There are some parts of the country (not Houston) that always seem to have a large selection of these for meats, cheeses, and breads. Most of the time they do not require a wine purchase, but read the fine print just in case.
5) Peelies – These are found on the items are easily peeled off to be used when purchasing that product.
Do Not Copy Coupons - this is illegal. Even if the coupon is printed from the computer - it is not to be copied!!!
Most coupons have an expiration date. In most stores they have to be used by this date. I have heard of some stores that will take expired coupons, but I do not know of any. I do know that Commissaries located overseas will take coupons up to 6 months past expiration date. If you know anyone stationed overseas they can use your expired coupons.
If you look at your coupons you will see the barcode number has a 5 or 9 on the far left. If it is a 5 the coupon will double if you are at a store that doubles coupons. If it is a 9, the coupon will not double (like Wacky Mac’s)
Is it a store or manufacturer coupon? The words Manufacturer coupon will be printed near the expiration date for these coupons. If it is a store coupon you will see the literal store coupon or it will list the name of the store. Some coupons will say manufacturer coupon, but have the logo of the store. These are manufacturer coupons and can not be stacked with another manufacturer coupon.