Sunday, January 17, 2010

Menu Planning Madness

The menu from last week was a huge success. We had enough "real" meals (like port chops) and enough easy meals (like leftovers) that dinner did not seem too stressful. Also, the buffalo wing sauce drumsticks were a huge success. I had made enough for lunch leftovers - or so I thought. I was lucky to even get some.

All I did was:
Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil (easier to clean) and spread the drumsticks out
Bake at 500 degrees for 40 minutes
Put the drumsticks in a large salad bowl and poured about 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce (I was not asked to review or recommend this product. It is a staple in our house) over the drumsticks and used tongs to mix it up.
Add as much or little sauce as you like. My Mother-in-Law took the bottle of the sauce to the table to add a little more on hers.

Here is this week’s menu:

Sunday - Slow Cooked German Short ribs (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooked-German-Short-Ribs/Detail.aspx). I realize that I don't want to use slow cook recipes that require the extra step like browning the meat. However, I heard so many good things about this recipe I am trying it on the weekend as no one wants me to brown anything at 5:00 am. I also have 2 large sets of ribs as I will be freezing one for another meal.

Monday - Leftovers as it is gymnastics

Tuesday - Lazy Man's Lasagna

Wednesday - Hamburger Helper

Thursday - Leftovers

Friday - Sandwiches and soup (I froze about half of the tortilla soup I made last week with the left over fajita meat)

Saturday - Chicken - I will be cooking a whole chicken in the Crockpot and then using the juices and bones to make more chicken stock as I used all mine for the tortilla soup
I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: