Thursday, January 21, 2010

Girl's Day tomorrow

Since my daughters are not in school yet, I try to take their birthday's off from work and spend the day just the two of us.  This is what I am doing tomorrow and my daughter is on cloud 9.

To make this day special for the two of us and still try and stay frugal this is what we are doing:

 - We are going to JC Penney's to have her birthday pictures done.  We have a membership, so we don't have to pay a sitting fee and I am using a coupon to reduce the prices.  I am also going with a list of who I need pictures for so I don't over buy.

- Then we are heading to the zoo with our picnic lunches.  The Houston Zoo allows you to bring in food and drinks.  This makes a day at the zoo very affordable.  Especially since we are members ($80 for the year and we usually have it paid for in 6 months) so we won't be paying to get in. 

If you put your mind to it, I believe it is possible to come up with inexpensive great family outings.

No comments: