Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easy Crockpot Meal

So I already had to change the menu for this week. It seems we do not have any chicken breasts in our freezer. It's kind of hard to do crockpot chicken without chicken. So at 10:00 at night I am staring in my freezer waiting for an inspiration. I knew we had to work late, so I needed an easy meal. I got creative with a pork roast.

For most people getting creative is a good thing, however that is not always the case with my cooking. Luckily this one was a hit.

The next morning before leaving for work I placed the frozen pork roast in the crockpot with a can of beef broth and 4 cups of homemade chicken broth I pulled out of the freezer the night before. I realize this sounds like a lot of liquid, but my crockpot is not that great of one and we have had a few burned meals. Not this one. The meat fell apart to the touch, was very juicy, and flavorful. Not only that, it reheat very well for today!!

Not bad for an easy inexpensive recipe. The pork roast was bought on sale as was the beef broth (Later this year I will be trying to make my own beef broth). The chicken broth cost me close to nothing to make. We added instant potatoes and frozen vegetables I had purchased for free a few weeks ago.

No comments: