Sunday, December 27, 2009

Intro to me

Welcome one and all to my blog and my attempt to make life easier and better for my family and myself.

I am a working mother, wife, daughter, and friend. Many days I feel pulled in all of these directions due to the choices I make. I have decided this year to live more frugal while finding ways to make my life more efficient and less chaotic so I can spend quality time with what matters – my family and friends. Who says I can’t have everything???

I am sure at this point you are trying to figure out my title “Setting My Compass”. Just like a compass has four main directions, my life seems to have four main directions. Depending on the day of the week, the time of the day, or even which fire is burning the strongest dictates which direction I am headed. However, now it is time for me to decide which direction I want to go in and (except for those out of control fires that have to be taken care of immediately). So it is time for me to Set My Compass!!!

I believe each of us is pulled different directions based on our individual lives. Currently my four directions are:
- Me
- My family
- Work
- Life Balance (currently my household)

Each post will be centered on one of these main areas depending on what needs I am working on at that point. At some point I want to be more organized and have my blog more organized. However, since I have never done this, I have no idea how it will work out.

What you can expect on a regular basis starting off are posts regarding living frugal and smart as I try to find deals to get the most out of our money and trying to organize my time as I am looking for short cuts to start the year off right. I will be blogging the good with the bad as I make my way through this year of organization.

No comments: